BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly


My Friday started out exciting. I was offered a second grade position starting in January! But that thunder was quickly stolen from me when I came home to discover that we had been robbed! When I came home the screen door was closed but the back door was wide open. At first I thought I had left the door open and was air conditioning Arizona, but when I opened the door I saw part of the door on the floor. On further investigation our bed room had be ran sacked and Tink was freaking out. So I called 911 and the police came to assess the damage. It was very surreal. I felt sick, insecure, and a little dirty that my place of refuge had been invaded by some stranger. Fortunately, they didn’t take too much. The laptop (which was a piece of crap), a x-box controller, a hunting knife, pillowcase, and a lot of my jewelry. The whole scene didn’t make a lot of sense. They took my crapy jewelry and left all my expensive jewelry. They left the crow bar they used to break in, and threw our clothes all over the house. Also, they didn’t take the cords for the laptop and the x-box controller…strange…
I’m really thankful, because they didn’t take all the toys when have. It could have been much worst. The next step is how we are going to fix it from happening again, since they know what we have and when we are gone…

2 comments:

Sabra said...

Scary. I'm sorry.

Laydee said...

Not cool at all- I'm always afraid that will happen to us, but I'll be home!- I'm glad you two are ok! Congrats on the job offer!
Shay