BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A little Remodeling




So I inherited (stole) my sisters old dresser for Coraline. It was this cute whitish-pink color. But my sister had loved on it while growing up so it was in need of a little TLC. Since Gavin's arrival is quickly approaching (March 22), I am totally in the nesting mode and kicking Coraline out of her current room so Gavin can be closer to the master and Coraline can have the bigger room.



My inspiration came from pinterest. Someone had recovered their dresser in different fabrics. I thought that would be awesome. I bought fabrics, but in the end chickened out and just used the same color paint. Sometimes in my life I have to have things matchy matchy. Oh well, I really liked how they turned out.



I painted the drawers before I realized they were numbered so I didn't give much thought to which drawer should be what color. When I was putting them pack in I thought I could switch them around, turns out I couldn't because they were not aligned. So that's why there is a blue next to a blue.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

It is really cute! Nice job!

Sabra said...

Super cute. I'm always painting wood around here. Drives my parents crazy.

Just Joan said...

I started painting wood too! Mom would have a heart attack. CUTE!

Jen said...

haha, thanks ladies, I rationalize the wood painting, to this isn't real wood its the ply-wood stuff. I don't think I could paint an antique or anything.